Studying at UTC Leeds – Year 12
Our exciting curriculum has been designed to provide students with a wide range of
academic and vocational qualifications. It will enable students to develop the following
key skills and attributes highly sought after by today's leading employers. Students will
focus on developing the following skills:
'As well as achieving the full range of A Levels, students will be able to work with leading employers from the region to develop and nurture specialist engineering and creative thinking skills.'
In supporting our students on their journey to the
best grades, UTC Leeds teachers will continuously
monitor each student's progress and adapt their
work accordingly. Progress grades will be formally
assessed and shared with students and parents four times a year in quarterly reports. Students'
individual programmes will be amended on the
basis of these reports and additional support
provided where necessary.
- Curiosity and imagination
- Enquiry and analysis
- Problem-solving and resilience
- Self-management and organisation
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Technological confidence and technical skills
- Creativity and ingenuity
Level 3 (GCE A Levels and Technical Levels) - The Technical Baccalaureate
All our A level programmes in the sixth-form lead to the Technical Baccalaureate, a qualification highly regarded by universities and employers. Students can choose from the two pathways shown below.
All students will follow a core curriculum in Mathematics and Engineering. Within
Engineering, students will be able to follow optional units that will include: engineering
design (mechanical, electrical and electronic), automation control and robotics, systems
and programming, engineering and the environment and more. Students opting to study
two Engineering Technical Levels will be able to study a wider range of areas in engineering.
Study a specialist curriculum in...
The level of mathematics that you study will
depend on your GCSE grade in order to ensure
we optimise your progression.
You can choose to study Technical level
qualifications equivalent to one or two 'A' levels.
Personalise your curriculum by
studying further 'A' levels in...
- Computer Science
- Further Maths
- Graphic / Product Design
Level 3 Core
1 x 'A' Level equivalent
2 further A Level
2 x 'A' Level equivalent
1 further A Level
Build knowledge and understanding of engineering through...
- Contributing to a series of industry-led 'major projects' in projects teams
- Visiting partner organisations to gain firsthand experience of the engineering world
- Partnering with the engineering faculty at the University of Leeds
- Working with mentors from industry and education
Develop life skills, independence and knowledge through...
- Building a record of academic and professional growth (RAPG)
- Courses in business enterprise and entrepreneurship, global and environmental awareness
- Leading and taking part in enrichment activities
- Taking part in RE, PCHE, citizenship and sports activities
- Receiving the very best in careers education