Subject Leader of Engineering
MPS/UPS plus TLR 1B
February or as soon as possible
You will shape the development of our Engineering provision in a unique University Technical College. UTC Leeds opened in September 2016 in the heart of Leeds. It is a flagship for technical skills education offering over 300 young people between 14 and 19, the opportunity to join a new generation of engineers, designers, technicians and project managers to build Britain’s infrastructure.
Do you want to work in a forward thinking and dynamic UTC where staff professional development is at the heart of our work?
We are seeking to appoint highly qualified, innovative and inspirational teachers, who are passionate about their subject and who are committed to raising aspirations, and securing sustained progress for all of our students. The post is suitable for an experienced teacher or a leader who is looking to lead the Engineering department. Those who require training and who are willing to study for a recognised teaching qualification alongside their teaching practice are also welcome to apply, and will be paid on a separate pay scale.
Benefits of working with us:
- Working with local industries on innovate college-based projects
- Conveniently situated within walking distance of Leeds City Centre
- Exciting and innovative educational institution, allowing you to influence and shape your area of work
- Work alongside top employers
- Unrivalled opportunities for career development
- Work within a brand new building designed for modern technical education
- Outstanding resources to support learning, including an exceptionally high IT/student ratio & industry standard specialist equipment
- Outstanding internal and external professional development opportunities to help you excel in your role and shape your skills and future potential.
- Opportunities to gain funding for additional leadership qualifications, such as the NPQML/ SL/H.
- Class sizes and student numbers that will allow you to personalise your approach to the students
If you are interested in the post, please complete an application form and include a statement (of no more than two sides of A4, outlining your reasons for applying and your suitability for the post. This should be written addressing the skills, experiences and qualities as outlined in the person specification.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 28th November 2018 at 12:00 noon
For an informal discussion about these posts, please contact Hayley Stewart at the email addresses:
Teacher of Geography
MPS/UPS (TLR available for the right candidate)
February 2019 or asap
We are seeking to appoint a highly effective teacher of Geography. UTC Leeds is a school, which provides high quality academic and technical learning for student from 14 – 18 years in GCSE, A Level and technical qualifications
If successful, you will contribute to educating and inspiring tomorrow’s engineers in a fabulous facility, supported by an outstanding team of colleagues, the University of Leeds and world-class employer partners.
Do you want to work with one of the top Universities in the country with the best Engineering faculty in the UK? Do you want to work with a group of employers and sponsors who are committed to developing a regional centre of excellence in the delivery of STEM so that our students become the next generation of engineers, inventors and designers?
You are invited and encouraged to call or visit the UTC to discuss this opportunity with a member of the team on 0113 3530137 or email Hayley.firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for application is Wednesday 28th November at 12:00 noon.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff, visitors and volunteers to share this commitment
If you want to make a difference for young Engineers in the Leeds city region and support the development of the region as a hotbed for engineering talent then please get in touch.