Biology is the natural science concerned with the study of life and living organisms, including their structure, function, growth, origin, evolution, distribution, and taxonomy.
What qualification will you study?
AQA AS/A Level Biology
What does the course consist of?
- Biological Molecules
- Organisms exchange substances with their environment
- Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms
- Energy transfers in and between organisms
- Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments
- Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
- The control of gene expression
How will you be assessed?
There are three written exams of 2 hours each.
What can you go on to do?
Biology is a great choice of subject for people who want a career in health and clinical professions, such as medicine, dentistry, veterinary science, physiotherapy, pharmacy, optometry, nursing, zoology, marine biology or forensic science. Students could also use it for careers in research or in industry
To find out more about joining UTC Leeds in Year 12 and what would be the best A Level and technical qualifications for your interests, please contact us.